Tuesday, August 16, 2016

HELLO RIO!!!

Just kidding. No, Wonders of Life Eterna isn't reporting in Rio, as much as I wish I were. But in fact, I'm writing with regards to one particular advertisement posted in the lead up to the most global sporting event of the season. Right now we are listening to many records being broken, and many dreams realised, throughout the course of the Games. And along with the buzz, there is some advertising joy to come along with it.

Alas there is one little consequence I have to warn you before watching this: since the visuals appear very lifelike, anyone nauseous or prone to fainting from wounds: skip the video section. But those who are intrigued by the star organ: the heart, you will be in for a treat.


View on YouTube

But you see, I wondered for a while about how well they did the advertisement, which explained the symbiotic illustration of Visa's payment systems, and the heart of our athletes, being the most reliable system for life. I too wondered just how much effort went into making this advert, which was shown in theatres (oh wait, cinemas) in the British and Previous Kingdom areas (BREXIT! HISSSSSS!), almost five months before the time of the Games, and at the time of writing. Did they use an actual heart and camera to film the heartbeat? How come it looks so... lifelike? (And now that I've now exposed my raw squeamishness to the open, why have I become so soft and shaken by the euphoric chills from the advert that robbed me of such sleep?)

Of course there is a making-of! Judging by the article from Jodi Bares focusing on the advert, it took lots of innovation to render the heart and it's numerous structure inside. In fact, the studio responsible for the heart scenes actually had a medical division: Glassworks is in charge of Heartworks, which boasts the most accurate model of the heart ever in the virtual realm. The rendering was highly detailed, at 12K (about three times the normal 4K cinema resolution), and for all that is good and holy, there is a lot more to the advert as well, especially in the crowd scenes.

This is all I am going to say for now, as soon as I try to regain my bearings. Of course, anyone who would like to write to WOL4EVA is welcome to send a comment expressing interest; whether it's about memories or which exhibits you would like to see in the pavilion, or some other interesting similar exhibits you have found outside Wonders, let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Do you have any plans to cover the leaked images of Body Wars? I just found them and I thought it could be some news to cover here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your enquiry, and thanks so much for giving me the spark again! As much as I wish to cove the images, the only problem is trying to regain my bearings in finding the sources of said images (yes, you can message me or email me), but if you know any recent images, let me know. I will be happy to chronicle each one and make predictions. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/body-wars-2016-update.916109/ Sorry for such a late response, since I posted anonymously I forgot about it and revisited the blog later.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is a very helpful method for the following reasons - to provide any information or thoughts on the subject, as well as critiquing or making suggestions. Please note that all comments are moderated, so please plan carefully. Also, if you enjoyed the article, feel free to share it with your friends!